An Aussie would probably score high if we’d ask all women to describe their dream man. A charming accent, surf dude kinda-look as he spends way to much time on the beach so he’ll have a guaranteed tanned skin and wild probably blond hair, pretty eyes… and he’s the loyal kind of guy. Still they live so far away for most of us! I found a couple of more reasons why you shouldn’t bother dating them anyway.
Here are the 7 reasons why you should never date an Aussie.
1. You’ll end up swearing just as much as him
Since you’ll discover that the words ‘yes’ and ‘no’ are boring, you’ll most likely start copying the Aussie slang for it to spice things up a little. Fuckin ‘aye it is!
2. His idea of fancy footwear is his good pair of thongs
He’s a simple laid-back guy and he probably doesn’t own any fancy clothes. Oh, and maybe you didn’t know, but the Aussies use the word ‘thongs’ for a pair of flip flops…
3. Every meal will be cooked on the barbie
He loves meat and his BBQ is his best friend. He can make a mean barbeque and the good thing is that you’ll never go hungry! However don’t expect too much healthy food, but simply always expect meat. Lots and lots of meat and barbeque nights!
4. You’ll end up getting used to seeing everyone using Budgie Smugglers in public
Since they are confident enough to wear them all the time.
5. He’ll want to hold hands everywhere
On the beach, in the shopping mall, at the park. Even in the taxi cab…
6. He’s way too adventurous
The heart of an Aussie bloke is adventurous and so will your relationship be. Get to know some snakes and crocs and prepare to explore the Australian outback!
7. You will never, ever again think that Koalas are cute
After bringing to many visits to the Australian parks together you’ll soon realize that they are just lazy leaf-eating animals and you might even consider using the word ‘koala’ as a swear word when you want to get your Aussie boyfriend of the couch. I mean for when he still hasn’t turned the BBQ on!
Have you ever dated an Australian? How was it?
*A special thanks to my lovely Australian friend Paul who has inspired me to write this blogpost!
Latest posts by Renate Rigters | That Wanderlust (see all)
- Working in the Maldives as a dive instructor - 21/02/2018
- 7 reasons why not to wear make-up - 03/01/2018
- Scuba Diving in Huatulco – the marine life of Oaxaca - 08/12/2017