They are cute, warm, macho, outgoing, positive and have a great sense of humor. I spend a lot of time in Mexico and I noticed that after 2014 all the foreign girls had a secret crush on Ochoa. They will love you with their entire Mexican heart and you will never be able to accept less love from anybody else in the future.
So here are 7 reasons why you should never date a Mexican!
1. He will call you ‘gorda’ with all the sweetness in the world.
‘Gorda’ means fat, but he means this and also the word ‘guera’, which literally means white or blond one, in a loving way.
2. Going out for tacos is what you’ll be doing on every date
Okay, maybe change that into Tlajudas if you’re dating a Oaxacan. Forget about him taking you to a fancy restaurant.
3. Whether you like sports or not… you will support his Lucha Libre wrestler
He will score tickets for the game and you will end up liking it, because seriously, it’s a bunch of muscled guys fighting each other in a speedo, a cape and a mask… Buy him a wrestler’s mask, just for a present, and he will adore you even more.
4. Forget about romantic nights with red wine. Tequila baby!
Jep! Get used to having Tequila every single day. And probably some Mezcal if he really is a catch.
5. You will want to become more expressive with your own family and friends
He tells his mom every day he loves her and affectionately hugs his brother and sister. He calls his friends and brags about how ‘la guera’, that is you, helped his uncle to prepare the ‘mole’ in the kitchen and in the meanwhile you realize that you haven’t even Skyped with your own family for over a week.
6. You will get used to the Mariachi music and be able to canary along
You probably never expected to learn the lyrics, but eventually you will be the one turning up the volume in the car when the Mariachi songs are on!
7. He will shower you with affection and be super gentlemanly
He let’s you walk on the safer side of the pavement. He walks you home. He opens the door for you. He holds your hand. He calls you ‘reina’, meaning queen. All this time you thought guys nowadays don’t do this anymore, while now he is the one who has ruined the chances for less romantic guys in the future.
Ladies! You’ve been warned again!
Have you ever dated a Mexican? Feel like sharing the story on your experience?
Latest posts by Renate Rigters | That Wanderlust (see all)
- The Kalmar Castle – Back in time in Sweden - 19/10/2017
- Back home, a tourist in my own country - 16/10/2017
- Doing a PADI IDC in Bocas – becoming diving instructors - 16/10/2017